We at Gather the Jews want you to share any and ALL Jewish events with the thousands of people who use our site and newsletter.
The fastest way to post an event on the GTJ calendar is to send us an invite using a calendaring program, e.g. Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, or Apple iCal.
We recommend using Google Calendar and following these steps:
- Create your event in Google Calendar as you propose it to look on the Gather the Jews calendar, including short title, location, and event information.
- Click on the event in Google Calendar and select Edit event details (alternatively, you can click on the event’s name to open the event details page).
- In the Guests section on the right, enter the email address email@example.com and click Add. You’ll see each guest appear under the Added section below.
- Select the appropriate options for your guests under the Guests can section.
- Click Save.
- In the Send invitations? pop-up window that appears, click Send to notify us that you just posted the event.
Another way to notify us of events is through Facebook. Simply invite our Facebook profile to your event. Please note that the event must be public and you must “friend” our profile.
Events can also be created and sent via Microsoft Outlook. Simply create a new meeting request (see file menu) and send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the following screenshot for an example:
Assuming the event complies with our event posting policy, we will approve your event in due course. If the event is not timely posted, or you need it to be posted immediately, followup with email@example.com.