The Executive Director will:
- Oversee the operation of GTJ
- Manage a large team of volunteers
- Help maintain the GTJ website
- Produce the weekly newsletter
- Write regular blog posts and news stories
- Sell advertisements
- Promote GTJ
- Attend Jewish events and meetings.
- Help organize events.
The ideal candidate will:
- Want to eat, breathe, and sleep Jewish DC.
- Be an effective writer
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated
- Be highly entrepreneurial
- Be very organized
- Be personable and outgoing
- Be familiar with social media
- … Recent college graduates (and those with advanced degrees) are encouraged to apply!
Why this position is awesome:
- You’ll get paid to essentially be the “go to” person in the Jewish community.
- You’ll get to attend tons of Jewish events — for free!
- You’ll have a very flexible work schedule.
- You’ll be the leader of an organization.
- You’ll get to exercise your entrepreneurial skills.
- You’ll get to do a little bit of everything.
- You’ll get to wear a t-shirt to work (if that is what you want).
- You’ll get to hang out with the fun GTJ volunteer staff.
Pay (Although after the above description you’d probably work for free, right?!):
- $32,000.00 to $35,000.00 base.
- Bonus system based on GTJ’s fiscal success. Total annual pay capped at $60,000.00
- Health insurance.
Interested? Hope so. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (please also cc: email@example.com).