Remember when we used to update you on the week’s most interesting/important Jewish stories? Scott W. did it first. Then Candace M. took over. Then we dropped it for a while.
But now we’re back. From outer space… (in case you need to hear the song now)
So if you have a link or news that you want to share with the Jewish community, please email it to me (email@example.com)
Also, we’re going to “steal” a bunch of our stuff from the wonderful people at Moment Magazine who send out a thrice-weekly email with Jewish updates. Check out Moment Magazine’s website to learn more about the country’s largest independent Jewish magazine.
- What to think about Mark Zuckerberg’s interfaith marriage, (Haaretz)(h/t Jodi)
- Would Mark have married outside the faith if he had this: “The Idiot’s Guide To Wooing Jewish Women“? (The Algemeiner)(h/t Jodi)
- Y-Love — Jewish hip hop artist and featured artist at a GTJ event — publicly announced that he is gay. (Out)(h/t Moment Magazine)
- All I Do is Jew – Amusing Jewish take on this now-omnipresent blog format. (All I Do is Jew)(h/t Clark)
- Was Christopher Columbus Jewish? Is that why he left Spain in 1492? (CNN)(h/t Cory J.)
- Orthodox abuse is all over the media right now. Here’s an article to bring you up to speed. (Jewish Ideas Daily)
- More than 40,000 ultra-Orthodox men gathered in New York’s Citi Field yesterday to rally against the dangers of the Internet. (New York Times) (h/t Moment Magazine)
- Hamas and Fatah signed an agreement last night in Cairo that opens the door to elections and a unity government for Gaza and the West Bank. (New York Times) (h/t Moment Magazine)