The following opinions do not reflect the opinions of Gather the Jews. They are written by three of the Falafel Frenzy’s hosts.
Five reasons you should go to the Falafel Frenzy.
- All proceeds go to charity! Money is tight for everyone this year, so get the most bang for your buck by allowing your party entrance fee to do double duty. For only $20 in advance or $25 at the door, you get to have a great time at an awesome party AND you’ll also be giving to charity! Last year, this event raised over $10,000 toward hunger programs in DC. Help us raise even more this year!
- It promotes the Jewish values of giving back. Spend Christmas Eve with other MOTs and be a part of a meaningful event for the Jewish community.
- It’s a grassroots event that needs YOU. The Falafel Frenzy was created by Jewish young professionals just like you who were fed up with the other for profit options on a night that is supposed to promote giving. This event is a grassroots effort created by members of the DC Jewish community, not sponsored by any organization, and we need YOUR support to make it a success!
- Great music, hotter people, and signature drink specials. Lima Lounge generously donated the space and a popular Jewish DJ, and we’ll have DC’s best mix of the 80s, 90s, and 2011. We’ll have drink specials including Latke Shots, Falafel Baltinis, and Holy Moses, along with hundreds of people for you to meet. Last year, in our first year, this event had more than 500 guests, and we expect it to be even bigger this year! Looking to meet that special someone or just hang out with hundreds of new and old friends? You’ve come to the right place!
- Doesn’t everyone love falafel balls? The falafel itself will be attending in spirit this year, but you can still show your love by making a difference with your falafel balls!