In case you weren’t able to read the other local Jewish blogs this week, here are a few of my favorite posts:
InTheMoment (Moment Magazine)
- The Shalit Conundrum … Or Opportunity: “Israel has freed 13,509 people in exchange for 16 soldiers. That’s an average of 844.31 people per soldier.” Leigh Nussbaum thinks that this imbalance, and similar swaps in the future, might help disprove the world’s claims that Israel is “stubborn and belligerent.” Others of us (including yours truly) think that these numbers show that the world will think what it wants to think no matter what Israel does. If over the course of Israel’s history, the 844 to 1 ratio hasn’t convinced others that Israel wants peace, it’s never going to convince them.
- A Very Jewish Halloween: Sala Levin had a few good Jewish ideas for Halloween costumes including: Natale Portman’s baby and Anthony Weiner.
Jewish Policy Center
- Libya declares Islamic Law,
- Iranian chess player refuses to play Israeli,
- UNESCO welcomes “state of Palestine.”
Washington Jewish Week:
- To retract or clarify? ADL-AJC civility pledge sparks mucho incivility: Should Israel be off-limits for the 2012 elections?
Want to recommend a DC Jewish blog that we should be reading? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Jewish blogs we’re reading:
- Capital J – DC politics blog of JTA
- Dover Emet: Speaking the Truth – Rabbi Gil Steinlauf of Adas Israel
- In The Moment – Blog of Moment Magazine
- Jewish DC – By Rachel Mauro
- Jewish Policy Center
- Kosher Salt – The blog of Sixth & I
- Mesorah DC’s “A Pondering Jew’s Blog”
- Mesorah DC’s “Mesorah Minute”
- ShalomNOVA.org – Jewish Federation of NOVA
- ShlaomDC.org – The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
- The Blog at 16th and Q – DC JCC blog
- Washington Jewish Week + WJW Blogs