In case you weren’t able to read the other local Jewish blogs this week, here are a few of my favorite articles:
Jewish Policy Center:
- Circumcision Saga Meets Its End in CA: Erin Dwyer tells how the anti-circumcision movement has been cut short in California, but the movement hasn’t been cut off in other states – “eighteen states have cut Medicaid coverage for the procedure.” (cut count = 3)
- Religious Tolerance and the ‘Arab Spring’: The Arab Spring continues to prove a model of religious tolerance – Christians are being killed in Egypt, and the last nine Jews living in Baghdad are planning to emigrate (is this just one family?)
Washington Jewish Week:
- Designs on the future: Washington Jewish Week print edition gets a new look.
- Three centers, one community: Are you a member at one of the DC area’s JCCs? If so, you’re now a member of all three.
- “G-d Project”: Read about one of the people that got a Jewish New Media award over GTJ. Am I jealous? Maybe a little bit, but the project is quite cool.
- Anti-Semetic acts in U.S. rise for first time since ’04: Fail!
- Biden parties with the Jews: Adam Kredo is all over the latest Jewish political updates.
Mesorah DC’s “Mesorah Minute”:
- Sukkos – The Holiday of Joy: Rabbi Teitelbaum explains why we sit in these little huts for Sukkot. He also reminds us that we can’t take our physical possessions with us when we die.
The Blog at 16th and Q (DC JCC):
- Our Annual Post In Which We Ask Who We Have To Sleep With To Get Philip Roth The Nobel Prize In Literature: Josh Ford bemoans another year without a Nobel Prize for America’s top Jewish author Philip Roth. But then he reflects that Roth probably doesn’t care too much.
Dover Emet: Speaking the Truth:
- The Pursuit of Longing: Yom Kippur thoughts from Rabbi Gil Steinlauf of Adas Israel.
Want to recommend a DC Jewish blog that we should be reading? Email email@example.com
Local Jewish blogs we’re reading:
- Capital J – DC politics blog of JTA
- In The Moment – Blog of Moment Magazine
- Jewish DC – By Rachel Mauro
- Jewish Policy Center
- Mesorah DC’s “A Pondering Jew’s Blog”
- Mesorah DC’s “Mesorah Minute”
- ShalomNOVA.org – Jewish Federation of NOVA
- ShlaomDC.org – The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
- The Blog at 16th and Q – DC JCC blog
- Washington Jewish Week Blogs (primarily miJEWtiae)