As I started to Gather the News this week, I noticed how abnormally crowded it was with bizarre celebrities. I’m not lying!
- … well at least my hips aren’t. Colombian pop star, Shakira, makes an unlikely appearance at the Israeli Presidential Conference promoting her global education campaign. “How wonderful it would be if the world would act like a team,” Shakira spoke, confused that the World Cup was not real life. Shakira and Israeli president Shimon Peres embrace,
- while American Jewish comedian and actress, Sarah Silverman, jokes about making love with Peres at a stand-up comedy show in Tel Aviv. Lucky man this week.
- First Coldplay and now James Blunt – what is it with musicians making stupid decisions on facebook?
- And Prime Ministers’ sons!?
- In more upbeat news, the UN actually praises a move by Israel, after it approved the delivery of $100 million worth of materials in order to facilitate the construction of 1,200 homes and 18 schools in Hamas-ruled Gaza. Less upbeat – in the same week that Israel announced this decision, terrorists in Gaza launched missiles into Israel (quite possibly constructed from building materials previously provided by Israel).
- A lesson in how rumors get started. But just to be clear: no, a Jerusalem court did not really sentence a dog to death by stoning.
- A two day-international summit on anti-terrorism is held in Tehran. Ignore the oxymoron for a moment and stay with me as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad insists that the Holocaust and 9/11 were pretexts by the U.S. to put down Muslims and make huge economic benefits. Okay, acknowledge oxymoron again.
- Are you a Jewish single male age 26 to 40? Then this one applies to you, so click here.