Ok. So by now most of you have probably heard of the hullabaloo concerning Facebook and those calling for a Third Intifada. But what’s your take on the whole thing?
We’re looking for two DC community members to write quick opinion pieces saying:
1) Why Facebook was right to take down the Intifada page.
2) Why Facebook was wrong to take down the Intifada page.
If you’re interested, let me know — email@example.com
In case you missed the story, here’s a quick rundown:
1) Somebody makes a page on Facebook calling for a Third Intifada (uprising) against Israel.
2) A bunch of people form a page asking Facebook to remove the Intifada page.
3) Facebook originally refuses to comply with the request (see article on JTA).
4) Facebook retracts this position and removes the page (see article at Haaretz).