Get it? “News” rhymes with “Jews.” Let’s Gather…
- If the U.S. was the Breakfast Club, and its members were religious groups, we’d totally be Molly Ringwald, and surprisingly not Ally Sheedy.
- GTJ’s own Stephen Richer may have forsaken Newsweek, but it writes one hell of an article about how the Chinese love us Jews and our Talmud.
- “Tackles were missed more often than they were successful, 11 fumbles were committed and referees had to stop the game for minutes at a time to argue a ruling among themselves more than once.” Yup, everything you would expect from an Israeli tackle football league.
- Natalie Portman manages to break the collective hearts of both rabbis and nerdy Jewish boys everywhere.
- “Oldest Human Remains found in Israel; Homo Sapiens Demand a Right of Return.” I can’t top that. Hat tip to Jewlicious for the headline.
- An aluminum pole, the airing of grievances, the feats of strength, and…kosher food? It’s a Festivus miracle for one California inmate.
- A Christian writing to Chabad.org’s Ask the Rabbi has the great misfortune of being answered by Rabbi Aron Moss.
- Israel could use Mylanta.
- Former President of Israel, Moshe Katsav, becomes an Israeli prisoner. Naturally, Hamas demands his release in exchange for Gilad Shalit (H/T to Erik S.)
All complaints can be sent directly to me. Shabbat Shalom and Happy secular New Year!