Roasted Broccoli With Garlic
July 19, 2010
Few side dishes are as simple and quick as roasted broccoli with garlic.
After being away for a week, I had to rush through my refrigerator on Friday afternoon to find something to quickly prepare for that night. The broccoli heads in the vegetable bin saved me.
The best part about this recipe is that you can easily personalize it. Make as much or little as you like. There’s also room to add other ingredients such as pepper flakes for those spice lovers. Or you could or incorporate it into your favorite pasta or rice recipe.
The following recipe serves four:
2 Heads of Broccoli
6 Large Garlic Cloves
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Take out baking sheet, line with tinfoil, and set aside.
- Wash the heads of Broccoli and start chopping them into bite size pieces (I personally don’t like the stalks so I don’t use them, but its up to you to use them or not).
- Once chopped, place pieces on baking sheet.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and sprinkle them over the broccoli.
- Drizzle the olive oil, add salt and pepper and mix everything together on the baking sheet.
- Everything should be evenly coated and spread out, ready to place in the oven.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes and you will have a delicious side dish!
Jill Aronovitz is a staff writer for Gather The Jews.